Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Magic and Music: Oros (White-Black-Red)

http://www.lala.com/#memberplaylist/47893P81271/

The wedges have their flavor defined entirely by the Apocalypse expansion and the Planar Chaos dragons. That's not much to go on, so I just named them for the dragons and did my three-part breakdown to make compilations. As a whole, I think you'd say for each one that they feel like their colors, even if those colors don't have a unifying theme Magically.

As I've mentioned, to me Oros's colors are the traditional gaming music, so this one will have the most immediate appeal to playgroups trying this sort of thing out. VNV Nation is an Oros-themed band, and Dream Theater likely is too, both as white Rakdos, which predominates this collection over black Boros and red Orzhov (both being guilds I had a hard time with). It's probably the most-supported wedge aside from Numot (red-white-blue), who gets BT, Plaid, and the like.

Dream Theater - Stream of Consciousness
Spock's Beard - Thoughts
VNV Nation - Kingdom
Hybrid - If I Survive
Blu Mar Ten - Last Dance
VNV Nation - Dark Angel
Eisbrecher - Mein Blut
Porcupine Tree - Anesthetize

No comments:

Post a Comment